Ahead of the official reveal of the Street Fighter 6 launch date, rumours had been circulating. According to a leak from the PlayStation Store, the game was supposedly due for release on 2nd June, 2023. Capcom have now confirmed those rumours to be true, but there’s a whole lot more besides. New details on the single-player World Tour mode, four new characters, pre-order availability, and a bunch of special bonuses have also been revealed.
Street Fighter 6 Pre-Order Bonuses
First up is pre-order availability. All pre-orders will receive alternate colors for Chun-Li, Jamie, Manon, Dee Jay, Juri, and Ken’s Outfit 1. PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 digital pre-orders will also receive exclusive items. These include 18 in-game Special Titles and 18 Stickers featuring unique art from the launch roster to personalise their profile.
The three editions available for pre-order starting today are:
- Standard Edition (Physical/Digital) – Includes the base game of Fighting Ground, World Tour, Battle Hub, and the 18-character launch roster.
- Deluxe Edition (Digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Character Pass (containing four characters), colors 3-10 for each of those Year 1 characters’ Outfit 1, and a bonus of 4,200 Drive Tickets for in-game purchases, all discounted from separate full game and Year 1 Character Pass purchases.
- Ultimate Edition (Digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Ultimate Pass, which contains content from the Year 1 Character Pass, two additional costumes and their alternate colors for the four Year 1 characters, two more stages, and a bonus of 7,700 Drive Tickets.
Since the reveal of this information, a physical package of the Deluxe Edition has also appeared on Amazon. We’re not currently sure if this is an error on Capcom or Amazon’s part.
Street Fighter 6 World Tour Mode
In the all-new World Tour mode, players will visit locations like a beach in Jamaica, an arena in Italy, a festival in France, and more as you travel around the world learning Special Moves from Masters. You can even mix and match Special Moves from different Masters meaning that your avatar can throw out a Hadoken or Sonic Boom, perform a Spinning Bird Kick, and execute a Yoga Flame, all in the same match. As long as they’re using different inputs, of course.
World Tour also introduces Master Assist, allowing players to fight alongside a Master like Ryu by calling upon them in battle to help for a period of time. A useful tool for when you encounter more than one opponent. Lastly, play your heart out with minigames like karate-chopping bottles, enjoying Italian cuisine, parrying basketballs, and more. Minigames are playable in between matches in the form of part-time jobs where you can earn World Tour mode currency to purchase in-game clothing, food, and more.
Four More Characters Confirmed
And now, we welcome to the Street Fighter 6 stage, one returning legend and three newcomers.
- Dee Jay – First appearing in Super Street Fighter II, Dee Jay is a globally popular dance music superstar. He has a burning love for music and fighting. As a returning character in the series, Dee Jay retains his trademark moves. Including as Air Slasher, Double Rolling Sobat, Machine Gun Upper, and Jackknife Maximum. He also addes new moves like Jus Cool and Weekend Pleasure to his arsenal. Visit Bathers Beach, Dee Jay’s stage in Street Fighter 6, to find a beachside party full of life amidst a setting sun.
- Manon – A supermodel and world champion judoka, Manon struts the catwalk of street fighting to become the world’s strongest model. Manon’s move set is a graceful union between judo grappling and classical ballet with moves like the Manège Doré, Renversé, Pas de Deux, and more. Find her in the Fete Foraine stage in France, a dazzling carnival amidst the French skyline.
- Marisa – Marisa is an up-and-coming jewelry designer from Italy who claims ancestry to ancient Greek warriors. A powerhouse of a character, Marisa utilizes her long limbs to unleash slow yet gargantuan strikes like the devastating Gladius, defensive counter Scutum, powerful Quadriga kick, and the almighty Goddess of the Hunt. Bask in the scent of victory in Colosseo, Marisa’s stage, with battle-ready warriors in the background cheering you on.
- JP – JP is the head of an international nonprofit organization responsible for many successful investment projects, and the man behind Nayshall’s present prosperity. He has a beloved cat named Cybele. JP takes control of the entire map from all angles with moves like the powerful void-creating Departure, the clone-deploying Torbalan, the Embrace grab, and the destructive Interdiction.
Get Super Street Fighter II Turbo for Free!
Finally, Capcom also have a treat for Street Fighter V: Champion Edition players. The Street Fighter RVN6ACK Campaign will grant you free access to Super Street Fighter II Turbo in the Battle Hub when Street Fighter 6 launches. All you have to do is visit the campaign page, create a CAPCOM ID and link your platform. Nice.
So that’s 2nd June 2023, for the Street Fighter 6 launch date. Are you pre-ordering today? Let us know in the comments below!
You must be logged in to post a comment.