Square Enix is set to launch Octopath Traveler II, the sequel to 2018’s popular JRPG, later this month. Today, players on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 & PlayStation 4, and PC can download a three-hour prologue demo.
The demo will enable gamers to choose any of the eight protagonists and then play for a maximum of three hours. All progress made during that time will be saved and carried over to the full game.
Octopath Traveler II features a brand new story and land to explore. Set in the world of Solistia, this sequel has been designed to welcome both newcomers to the franchise as well as fans of the previous instalment.
New and returning features
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must act strategically to exploit enemy weaknesses to “Break” them to inflict more damage, and “Boost” their travelers to enhance their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs throughout the world in various ways by using actions unique to each character, such as challenging people as the Warrior or stealing belongings as the Thief. Path Actions will vary depending on the protagonist and whether it is day or night.
- Brand-New Story and Characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the new land of Solistia and experience the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – The townscapes and Path Actions available to each character will change depending on if it is night or day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Latent Power – A new battle element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability’s gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as their journey progresses, further intertwining their narratives.
Octopath Traveler II launches on 24th February 2023. Both the Standard Digital Edition and Standard Physical Edition are available to pre-order now for all supported platforms. A physical Collector’s Edition Set is also available to pre-order now for Nintendo Switch, PS5 and PS4 exclusively via the Square Enix Store.
Will you be picking up Octopath Traveler II? Let us know in the comments below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.