Two big deals in one here, as not only do we now have a release date for Zen Studios’ new pinball experience, Pinball M, but we’ve also learned of the new table set to be included from day one. In collaboration with Universal Products & Experiences, The Thing Pinball will be the final table in the launch selection.
In an immersive and suspenseful experience, The Thing Pinball table follows the plot of Universal Pictures’ thrilling 1982 cult-classic film. Players will immerse themselves in a thrilling and suspenseful world inspired by the film and use their skills to battle against the shape-shifting alien set in the arctic tundra of U.S. Outpost #31.
The table features include:
- Players will be challenged to survive the vicious attack of the Dog-Thing by shooting its tentacles.
- It’s Bennings! Players will not only be able to watch him transform but then torch what he becomes.
- Players will collect blood samples and shoot the reagent cartridge to reveal the impostor.
- We found something in the ice! Players will lock, then bust open the balls for BURIED IN ICE multi-ball.
- Players will rig their own TNT to blow up the base and The Thing in a wild Wizard Mode.
“The Thing Pinball is an authentic homage to the 1982 film, and features original clips from the film itself,” said Mel Kirk, COO of Zen Studios. “It gives long-time horror fans a go-to table in Pinball M, and completes our extraordinary line-up for launch.”
Pinball M Launch Plans
The Thing joins an already illustrious launch library. Chucky’s Killer, Dead by Daylight, Duke Nukem’s: Big Shot, and Zen’s own creation: Wrath of the Elder Gods: Director’s Cut will all feature in the game. Pinball M will hit Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and the Epic Games Store on 30th November, 2023. The pricing details are not yet known.
Are you excited for this unique combination of pinball and horror? Let us know in the comments below!