Torn Banner Studios has announced that the Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update launches today on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Today’s launch introduces ‘The Raid of Aberfell’, a new 64-player Team Objective map.
The Raid of Aberfell will see attacking and defending teams at the frontlines of battle over a sprawling map. The Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update is one of the largest yet for the game.
We are blown away by the positive reception since launch and Chivalry 2 would not be regarded as one of the best multiplayer games of 2021 without your support. Since our 2021 launch, we’ve added new 64-player Team Objective maps, Arena and Brawl modes, and so much more. This is still the beginning and Torn Banner Studios remains committed to continue increasing the size and scope of Chivalry 2 this year.Steve Piggott, CEO & Creative Director, Torn Banner Studios
Chivalry 2: House Aberfell Update Features
- The Raid on Aberfell: This large-scale 64-player Team Objective map. The Agatha Knights are invading the birth land of the Mason Order’s King Malric. Attacking players are charged with sacking the village, destroying the Mason Order’s towering obelisks, and purging the heretical Druids from the land. Defending players fight back every step of the way.
- New Playable Character – Druids: The Raid of Aberfell map features playable Druids charged with defending the Mason Order’s ancient stones. Armed with powerful staff melee weapons, the top scoring players will be granted control of the Druids. This is the Order’s last line of defence against the Agatha. Druids appear with a variety of new helmets, including the Goat, Wild Pig, Deer, and Eagle.
- New Gameplay – Hog Hoarding: As part of the sacking of the village of Aberfell, attacking players will join forces to… steal pigs! Capture livestock and peasants by carrying them on your shoulder to deny Mason Order’s access to food and labour.
- New Gameplay – Bees: Players can look forward to the introduction of weaponised bees. While exploring the new Raid on Aberfell Team Objective map keep an eye out for oversized beehives. Players can pick-up these bee bombs and throw them at enemies, unleashing a swarm of stinging insects that cause area of effect damage.
- New Weapons – Highland Sword: The Highland Sword is a massive beast of a blade that will butcher foes. This new weapon offers new animations, weapon values, and a special attack. The Highland Sword for the Vanguard class can be further customised with new Giant Claymore and Executioner sword skins.
- New Armory Items: In addition, a wide array of new cosmetics have been added in the Armory, including the Agatha Gallowglass Armor and Mason Clan Armor. War Club – Shepherd Staff skin, Falchion – Chopper skin, Messer – Dacian Sword skin, Great Sword – Claymore skin, 10 new Face paints, and more.
Chivalry 2 Sale Now On!
To celebrate today’s Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update release, the game will be on sale. The Epic Games Store offers a 33% discount for 24-hours. According to Torn Banner Studios, PlayStation and Xbox players should keep a close eye on the official Chivalry 2 social pages. Upcoming news on imminent console sales will be posted there.
Are you ready to jump back into 64-player action with the Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update? Let us know in the comments below!