Have you ever dreamed of riding the rails to the UK’s northern towns of Preston, Blackpool and Ormskirk? Probably not, but that could be because of England’s awful railway service. Thankfully, Dovetail Games has just released a new DLC for Train Sim World 4 that lets you do just that. Without having to suffer through the weather, delays, cancellations and the rest.
The first route add-on for Train Sim World 4 developed by Just Trains, covers part of West Lancashire circa 1986. It features a network of branch lines extending through Preston to Ormskirk in the south and the former Burn Naze branch line to the north, which was closed in 1970. You’ll be able to jump in the Class 142 Pacer as you navigate the 48-mile network.
Train Sim World 4 add-on
The new DLC rolling stock:
- BR Class 142 Pacer DMU in BR Provincial Blue, Skipper Chocolate & Cream and Greater Manchester Orange liveries
- Multiple engine and transmission variants; Leyland TL11 + SCG RRE5, Leyland TL11 + Voith T211r and Cummins LTA10-R + Voith T211r
- BR Class 47/4 (with HI headlamp) in BR Blue, BR Large Logo and BR Intercity liveries
- BR Class 08 in BR Blue livery (Crewe depot variant and 08744 Wigan TMD with white roof)
- Mk1 BG and Mk2a TSO and FO coaches in BR Blue/Grey livery
- Mk1 BG coach in BR Newspaper and Express Parcels liveries
- Weathered 100t TEA tanker wagon
“Back to the 80s, my favourite era, to drive my favourite train, the Pacer – I’m in heaven! Blackpool Branches brilliantly captures the real essence of rail operations back in the halcyon days of British Rail blue in the UK across both branch and mainline operations,” said Matt Peddlesden – Executive Producer of Train Sim World in a statement.
Train Sim World 4: Blackpool Branches DLC is out now for consoles and PCs. You’ll find it supports Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Epic Games Store, and Steam for £29.99 GBP/€35.99 EUR/$39.99 USD.
Dovetail Games is also behind the recently released Catan – Console Edition.
Will you be heading to Blackpool this week? Let us know in the comments below.