It’s hard to deny that modern consoles are becoming more-and-more like PCs. The Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 are very different, and yet fundamentally operate in similar ways. Thanks to this we are able to enjoy a wealth of experiences that otherwise would be unavailable. Yet at the same time this brings new complications. Due to the added complexity occasional glitches may occur, and sometimes the user needs to perform specific actions such as a power cycle (hard reboot) or virtual clearing the cache for the system to work correctly. Here’s a guide for the latter: how to clear the Xbox Series X cache.
How to Clear Xbox Series X|S Cache: Step by Step Guide
There are the two options to clear the Xbox Series X cache:
Option #1 – Power Cycling (Restart) the Xbox Series X Console
To clear the Xbox Series X cache, users need to shutdown the console completely. Performing a full power cycle and restart is not just turning the console off and on.
- First, turn off the Xbox Series X and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes.
- During its unpowered state, the user will press and hold the console’s power button for two seconds, repeating this several times.
- Finally, reinsert plug back. After the user turns it on, the cache will be cleared, resulting in better performance.
Option #2 – Clear Xbox Series X’s Cache through its System Menu
The second option does not include turning it on and off. Instead, you can navigate through the system menu of the Xbox Series X for a virtual clean.
- First, press the main Xbox button in the controller.
- Go to the main Settings menu.
- Choose the “Devices and Connections” option.
- Look for the sub-menu, “Blu-Ray”, click it.
- Finally, press the “Persistent Storage” then, click the “Clear” option.
After following the steps above, you will have successfully cleared the Xbox Series X cache. This will have removed all unwanted load or data in the system. There are two main benefits to doing this. First, you can increase the speed and overall performance of its operations. Second, it will increase free storage for the system. The Xbox Series X users should clear cache every few months in order to maintain overall optimal performance.
The same processes will also work for the Xbox Series S console.
Did you perform these actions to clear your Xbox Series X|S cache? Did you notice a performance increase? Let us know in the comments section below!