Street Fighter 6 brought multiple announcements to the Evolution Championship Series (Evo) 2022 this weekend. Reveals for the Street Fighter 6 character roster and additional real-time commentators headlined the event, including a look at Kimberly, the newest ninja to join the franchise, and Juri, the sadistic thrill-seeker returning from Street Fighter V.
Additionally, renowned fighting game commentators Tasty Steve and James Chen head to the mic in Street Fighter 6. Longtime veteran casters on the Capcom Pro Tour circuit, the pair join Vicious and Aru as the latest real-time commentators. Players can listen in as their favourite fighting game commentators narrate the hard-hitting action with easy-to-understand gameplay explanations.
Street Fighter 6 Character Roster Update
Kimberly blends her skills as a ninja with her love for ’80s pop culture to create a dangerous fighting style. After an ordinary upbringing, Kimberly became a prodigy who graduated college early. Her goal is to become a full-fledged ninja. Because of this, Kimberly invited herself to become Guy’s student.
Kimberly’s Super Arts are built upon quick ninja moves:
- Bushin Beats (1 Stock) – Kimberly rushes forward and knocks down an opponent, then follows up with a flurry of attacks. If a Shuriken Bomb is stocked up, Kimberly uses it to add additional damage.
- Bushin Scramble (2 Stocks) – Kimberly sends the opponent into the air and parkours along the edge of the stage pelting them with mid-air attacks, then ensnares them with a dive bomb-like attack.
- Bushin Ninjastar Cypher (3 Stocks) – Get ready to drop the beat! Kimberly detonates an arsenal of spray cans around the opponent culminating in a chromatic graffiti tag on the ground.
Juri returns as a wicked force and has added a few new tricks to her move set so she can relish in her opponents’ suffering. First appearing in Super Street Fighter IV, Juri remains a sadistic thrill-seeker who enjoys the suffering of others. Previously, her main motivator was revenge against M. Bison, but since his fall in Street Fighter V, she now waits for the next thrill to come along.
All of Juri’s Super Arts come from her previous appearances with a Street Fighter 6 polish.
- Sakkai Fuhazan (1 Stock) – Juri fires multiple ki blasts with a kick and follows it up with another giant ki blast to knock an opponent away.
- Feng Shui Engine (2 Stocks) – First appearing as an Ultra Combo in Super Street Fighter IV then a V-Trigger in Street Fighter V, Feng Shui Engine returns as a Super Art. Juri unleashes the power of the Feng Shui Engine embedded in her eye, allowing her to cancel normal moves into other normal moves or even unique moves.
- Kaisen Dankai Raku (3 Stocks) – Straight from Super Street Fighter IV, Juri unleashes the full power of the Feng Shui Engine to perform a brutal sequence of attacks fitting for the vengeful sadist.
Kimberly and Juri join Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, Jamie, and Guile on Street Fighter 6’s character roster announced thus far.
Street Fighter 6 Launch
Details on the Street Fighter 6 launch date still remain thin. However, it has been confirmed that the game will arrive in 2023. Furthermore, Capcom has announced the game will come to multiple formats. Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC have all been confirmed.
More details on Street Fighter 6 will likely arrive at a steady pace. Not only should we expect more Street Fighter 6 character roster updates, but also news on the gameplay modes. As part of this weekend’s announcements, Capcom stated that all three Street Fighter 6 game modes – Fighting Ground, World Tour, and Battle Hub – would be revealed in full later this year.