Do you have a Chaos army in need of further bolstering? You’ll want to take a look at Games Workshop’s new Warhammer Age of Sigmar mercenary groups, the Regiments of Renown. These regiments will come in new special boxed sets, you can already make them if you have the correct models. To do so you’ll need the list of the new rules. Chit Hot will be detailing here for the Regiments of Renown – The Coven of Thryx.
The Coven of Thryx
Warhammer Age of Sigmar lore is rich and varied and that’s no different for the Regiments of Renown.
None can say where Magister Thryx first learned to take the essence of destroyed daemons and use it to power living spells. He weaves an unpredictable path across the realms, forever seeking to elude Tzeentch’s gaze. He offers his expertise to any patron who will shelter him and facilitate his lunatic experiments.
- Magister x 1 – Leader
- Pink Horrors of Tzeentch x 10
- Burning Sigil of Tzeentch x 1 (Endless Spell)
- Tome of Eyes x 1 (Endless Spell)
- Daemonic Simulacrum x 1 (Endless Spell)
- Total 300 points
If your army has a Chaos general but is not a Disciples of Tzeentch army, you can include this regiment of renown. If you do so, no other allied units can be included in your army. You can include this regiment of renown in your army even if its points value exceeds the amount allowed for allied units.
The Horrors of Tzeentch unit in this regiment of renown cannot use its Split and Split Again ability.
Magister Thyrx Abilities
Skilled Summoner: Thryx is a master at manipulating arcane manifestations. In the first battle round, after the players have received their starting command points but before the start of the first turn, the Magister in this regiment of renown can automatically cast a spell they know that summons a Disciples of Tzeentch
endless spell (do not make a casting roll). That spell cannot be unbound, and that endless spell cannot be dispelled in the first battle round. Set up the endless spell as described in its Summoning rules.
Sparks of Profane Potential: Thryx is adept at harnessing the mutagenic essence of slain daemons, using them to enhance his conjured sorcerous manifestations.
Once per turn, at the end of a phase in which a Horror model in this regiment of renown was slain while its unit was wholly within 12″ of the Magister in this regiment of renown, you can pick 1 endless spell on the battlefield that was summoned by that Magister and remove that endless spell from play. If you do so, that Magister can immediately automatically cast a spell they know that summons a Disciples of Tzeentch endless spell that is different to the one removed from play (do not make a casting roll). That spell cannot be unbound. Set up the endless spell as described in its Summoning rules. Depending on the type of endless spell you set up, you can immediately do one of the following:
- Burning Sigil of Tzeentch: Resolve the effect of the Radiant Transmogrification ability as if it were the end of the movement phase.
- Tome of Eyes: Attempt to cast The Parchment Curse with the Magister in this regiment of renown as if it were your hero phase.
- Daemonic Simulacrum: Resolve the effect of the Snapping Jaws ability as if the endless spell had just moved.
Chaos General Specific Rules
If your army has a Chaos general but is not a Disciples of Tzeentch army, you can include The Coven of Thryx regiment of renown.
These apply to all Warhammer Age of Sigmar Regiments of Renown.
- Depending on your general’s keywords, you will be able to include 1 of these regiments of renown in your army.
- All units in a regiment of renown gain the Regiment of Renown keyword.
- Unified: One-drop deployment (core rules, 26.2.1). Each unit in this battalion must be within 6″ of the Hero in the same battalion at the end of deployment.
- You can include a regiment of renown in your army even if its points value exceeds the amount allowed for allied units. If you do so, no other allied units can be included in your army.
Are you picking up one of the new Regiments of Renown or making your own? Let us know in the comments below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.