The horror-themed fighting game Omen of Sorrow initially arrived for PlayStation 4 back in 2018. This was followed by an Epic Games Store release on PC the following year. This week, AOne Games announced additional platform support is coming this month. PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and Steam will all see Omen of Sorrow arrive on 23rd March 2023.
The title features monsters of classic horror and literature going head-to-head in this traditional 4-button fighting game. Icons such as the half-angel Gabriel, Frankenstein’s monster and Egyptian high priest Imhotep are all present. For its 2023 launch, Omen of Sorrow will have a revised story mode and enable cross-platform online play for the first time.
Not stopping there. Countess Erzsébet, who commands a massive blood dragon, will join the main roster. She was previously only available as a downloadable character.
In addition to the new platforms, the Xbox version of the videogame will also receive a free update. Xbox owners will benefit from the additional story mode content and cross-platform online play.
Omen of Sorrow Key Features
- Battle with 12 iconic characters and strategize with over 250 special moves.
- Flirt with danger in dismal stages, inspired by age-old European legends.
- Endure 36 gruelling battles in Single-player, or beat up friends in local Versus.
- Fight in Custom Rule Matches and fluent Online Ranked Matches.
- Unlock special rewards by conquering arcade Mode and survival Modes.
- Master your skills in Tutorial mode and a fully featured Training Room.
Available in both digital and physical formats, the digital edition includes a 15% launch discount for a limited time.
If you’re a fighting game fan, then Omen of Sorrow may hold you until this year’s big launch happens, Street Fighter 6. The Street Fighter 6 launch date is 2nd June 2023.
Which will you be playing and honing those fighting skills on? Let us know in the comments below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.