Illfonic has announced the upcoming launch of a second Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed DLC pack. This new addition brings a brand new spectre to the game, along side a new map and numerous other updates.
Have you ever dreamt about taking on a Class VII other-dimensional entity that drools? This is your chance. This second free Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed DLC gives fans exactly that opportunity, along with experiencing new minions, AI, and a brand-new map.
The first Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed free DLC arrived back in January. This new addition is part of Illfonic’s ongoing plan to bring new DLC in each quarter of 2023 for free, in addition to regular quality of life updates.
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed DLC#2 Highlights:
- New Map, The Courthouse – Strange activity is reported at the courthouse, which has made it challenging to conduct legal proceedings. Decades of dark practices and paranormal contact have made the courthouse a hotbed for ghost activity. Halls, offices, and courtrooms all connect to form a uniquely entwined gameplay space.
- New Ghost Type – Possessor Ghost Type + 3 Variants – Scuttle, Hellion, and the famous Terror Sentinel provide the Possessor Ghost type with a unique playstyle. Use unique abilities and the Ultimate Possession to take over Civilians and even Busters!
- New AI type: Drudges – From the depths of the Ghost Realm, come the drudges to help! Summoned by Tobin, these helpful little entities help the ghost haunt the building and scare humans. Busters would be wise to focus on eliminating these spectral aides. The Ghost can use the rifts to spawn more.
- New Minion Ability: Trap Minions – A proximity mine, of sorts. This singular minion is placed by the ghost on the ground or inside of objects, an will spring into action when its stasis field is tripped and latch onto the unsuspecting victim.
- Extreme Ghostbusters cosmetics, gear shells, and other customisations – Buster cosmetics and gear shells that harken back to the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon series that are unlockable through various Side Hustles and Research Contracts. The team also has new footwear, skirts, kilt bottoms, and several makeup styles to choose from. Shirt logos can now be used on appropriate tops.
- General Improvements – Gear Upgrade Menu Overhaul, Ghost/Buster Bot Improvements, bug fixes, balance, QOL fixes, etc. to further improve the overall experience!
Set to arrive on 20th April, 2023, this free DLC will be available for all versions of Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed. This includes PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.