Codemasters’ DiRT 5 has proven very popular since its launch in 2020. Arriving alongside the now current-generation consoles, DiRT 5 quickly took poll position in the racing genre. One of the highlights of the game is the ability to play the entirety of the Career mode in split-screen. However, accessing this mode has confused some players. So to help you all out, here’s how to play local multiplayer in DiRT 5!
Dirt 5 is the latest in Codemasters’ hugely popular DiRT racing game series. Available now for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC, all versions of the game allow for split-screen co-op gameplay. So, how do you access this mode? Follow the simple steps below!
Local Multiplayer in DiRT 5
- Sign into your usual profile for player one (campaign progress will only be saved for player one, however distance driven and other records will be saved for player two).
- Start the Career mode.
- Choose any event except Time Trial, or Gymkhana.
- Progress to the screen wherein you select your vehicle.
- On Xbox consoles, the second player needs to press and hold the View button. On PlayStation, it’s the Touchpad.
- You will see a message confirming that a second player has joined the game!
DiRT 5 Co-Op Limitations
As fantastic as the local multiplayer in Dirt 5 is, it’s not without limitations. Certain events, such as Time Trials and Gymkhana, can only be played by one player at a time. Furthermore, should the second player wish to start their own Career they will do so from the beginning (albeit with certain stats saved for Achievement/Trophy progress).
So there you have it! Everything you need to know about local multiplayer in DiRT 5! Time to hit the skids – but before you do be sure to let us know if this guide helped in the comments section below!